Looking for the Perfect Float?
A perfect float takes practice. Floating requires preparation and repetition to be mastered. A very small change or adjustment can make the difference between enjoying the best experience of a life time or not understanding why floating is becoming a trend. Best practices and tips are followed in all industries and, even more so, when large amounts of salt are involved. The Benefits of floating in enriched Epsom Salt water are many; however, just because we are floating in enriched Epsom Salt water some floating tips are essential in order to have the perfect float.
Preparing for the Perfect Float:
– Do not drink caffeine or any stimulant drinks within 4-6 hours before the float
– Refrain from shaving your legs, face, underarm and groin a least the day of the float to prevent small cuts or scrapes that may become itchy or irritated when in contact with the salt.
– Eat a light healthy meal before your float to prevent feeling hungry or too stuffed while floating.
Before the Perfect Float:
-As soon as you get out of the shower and before getting into the pod, dry your face thoroughly to avoid getting and itchy face or trying to remove a drop of water from your eye/face after having touched the salty water. You want to avoid getting salt into your eyes.
– Avoid getting salt into your ears; even though there is no harm in it, some people like me, find it rather uncomfortable. Put your ear plugs in and ensure they have a good fit before getting wet. That is, before getting into the shower and, of course, before getting into the pod.
– ALWAYS use the hand towel provided to touch your face.
-Take a cold/ lukewarm water shower before getting into the pod, to remove oils and fragrances. This will ensure that you feel the pod’s water temperature comfortable.
During your Perfect Float:
– Use the Halo provided. It will help you release the tension from your neck and have a more relaxing experience.
– If you feel you are becoming restless try changing positions, moving your arms, placing your arms over your head, moving your hands, palms up and down, crossing your legs, or giving yourself a big stretch like when you wake up in the morning. Once you find a comfortable position stay still.
– If you feel you can’t quiet your mind and your thoughts start wondering from place to place. Concentrate on your breaths: In an out……., in an out….., just think about your breathing; count your breaths, 1,2,3,4,5…, repeat a word or mantra over and over again. Any of these methods will relax your mind and take the focus away from distracting thoughts. The more you practice the easier it will become.
– Once you are in control of your mind and body, stay STILL. If you remain still very soon it would be hard to determine where the water and the air meet. Besides, the more still you remain the less heat will be lost and you will maintain a comfortable body temperature. It may take you a few times to reach this point but it is worth and you will be on your way to get all the benefits of a perfect float.